Whenever the legislative authority of any city, by ordinance, declares it essential to the best interests of such city, the duties relating to the management and operation of municipally owned public utilities . . . shall be vested in a board composed of three members (ORC 735.03).
The Utilities Commission oversees the Utilities Superintendent. Commission members are appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by Council. Don Weingart has served as the Utilities Superintendent since 1985; he started his career with the Salem Utilities Department in 1952.
Phone – 330-337-8723
- Utilities Supt.: Donald R. Weingart, Ext. 235
- Assistant Superintendent:
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Manager: Jeff Zimmerman
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Chief Operator:
- Water Plant Manager: Larry Sebrell
- Water Treatment Plant Chief Operator: Rob Hasson
- Water Distribution General Foreman: Terry Endsley
- Water Distribution Assistant Foreman: Brian Hall
- Senior Clerk: Samantha Loper Ext. 236
- Junior Clerks: Ext. 237 & 238
Click on the link below for the Water/Sewer Service Application Packet.
Report Street Lights
Through this service provided by First Energy, Salem residents can report a street light that is out. Follow the link below.
FirstEnergy Street Light Report (updated 9/2014)